From the first moment you find out that your little one is on its way, everything changes. It’s natural to want to connect and get to know them as soon as you can. A Baby Heartbeat Monitor makes it possible to bring that experience home, and share with others anytime, anywhere.
What is a fetal doppler?
A fetal doppler is a compact Home Ultrasound Machine that uses ultrasound waves to detect not only your baby’s heartbeat, but also hiccups, baby sounds and movements, too.
How do I pick the right one?
Like many other prenatal care products, there are a variety of models and features to consider. We recommend sticking to the basics: simple, easy-to-use, and of course, safe for at home use. We designed our own product, the SneakPeek Fetal Doppler to offer exactly that.
If you’re still in your early research phase, here are a few key pointers on what to look for:
Easy to use. Some fetal dopplers may have features that make it look like they belong in a doctor’s office instead of your nursery. Find one that feels comfortable to you, and that you feel confident about using.
The SneakPeek fetal doppler is designed with simple, straightforward instructions that are easy for all mamas to use comfortably right at home:
- Insert the battery. It’s included in the kit!
- Sit in a reclined position. This makes it easier to detect a heartbeat.
- Apply electrode gel. To test the monitor on your own heartbeat first, apply a generous amount of gel on your chest. (When you’re ready to listen for baby, you can apply it to your abdomen.)
- Turn the power/volume dial on. Turn the dial at the top of the monitor to the right. You’ll hear it “click” on.
- Lightly hold monitor sensor against skin. This will be the same area where you’ve applied the electrode gel.
- Adjust volume / monitor position. Move the monitor across the area covered in electrode gel until it can detect sound. You may need to turn the volume up.
- Listen and enjoy! Once you’ve found your own heartbeat, you’ll feel more confident in your ability to find your baby’s.
Note: Your baby shifts and moves throughout the day, which can change how easy it is to detect his or her heartbeat. If you aren’t able to hear a heartbeat right away, try a different position on the abdomen.
Ultra portable. As soon as you hear your baby’s hiccups and heartbeats, you’re going to want to share the experience. Opt for a monitor you can easily pop in your bag on the way out to a family get together or lunch with friends.
Multiple listening options. The keyword here? Options! Headphones are great for your own listening or to share with a spouse, while a built-in speaker is perfect to share with friends or at a family gathering.
Recording feature. A recording cable allows you to hook the monitor up to a software program so you can save sessions for the future.
Everything’s included. Look for a deal that includes more than just the monitor. We’ve added the headphones, recording cable, electrode gel, and even a V9 battery so there’s no more waiting after you open the package.
Love the SneakPeek Gender Test?
You’ll love the SneakPeek Fetal Doppler, too.
A baby’s heartbeat is first detectable at around the same time as it’s gender (at least with our gender reveal test) — usually between 8 and 12 weeks.
The SneakPeek Fetal Doppler is FDA-cleared and designed as the perfect follow-up (or addition) to the SneakPeek DNA test. Just like the DNA test, it’s completely safe for in-home use.
An at-home Fetal Doppler is not a medical device and should not be used as a substitute for regular prenatal care by a licensed doctor. Be sure to make regular appointments and visits with your OBGYN, midwife, or doula.