Your privacy is our top priority
We know privacy is our customers’ #1 concern, which is why we built our processes from the ground up for the highest level of security. You control how your personal and genetic data are used and stored, and no information is shared without your explicit permission. We take care of privacy so you can concentrate on celebrating your unique child.
Your child’s genetic information
- All DNA processing and analysis is performed in-house, in our SneakPeek Lab. No DNA or data is ever sent to a third-party lab for any part of the process.
- Samples are stripped of personally identifying information, and a barcode system is used to associate the genetic information.
- Once results are delivered, DNA samples and swabs are disposed of by a professional chemical management company in compliance with federal standards.
- You decide whether to store, download, or destroy your raw DNA data file.
- Reports and raw data are never visible to other users, nor are they able to be accessed outside of your secure parent portal.
- Medical and disease information are not analyzed, so they cannot be reported or shared.
- Genetic data is never shared with third parties without your explicit consent for any purpose, including research.
- Genetic data is never shared with insurance companies or employers.
Your personal registration and purchase data
- We collect personal registration information required to take the DNA test, user-provided information such as profile images, and survey responses, as well as information used to purchase the test.
- Personal registration and purchase data are never shared with third parties, including insurance companies and employers, for any purpose without your explicit consent.
Your discovery research data
- Discovery research gives parents the option to answer simple questions about their children to further scientific discovery in infant and child sleep behavior, nutrition, and other fields.
- Parents can choose not to participate and can opt out of discovery research at any time.
Learn more about discovery research
Security by design
- We employ the highest level of security for DNA samples and genetic data. DNA samples are stored in a secure facility and identified only with a barcode to prevent identification. DNA samples are destroyed once reports are concluded.
- We use advanced technology to protect your personal and genetic data with both server authentication and data encryption. Our data security is verified by a set of comprehensive compliance certifications including CS Gold Mark, which is a security level equivalent to the ISO/IEC 27017 standard.